English Language Institute can help you change your visa status! We offer free consultations to discuss your options. We have helped many students with B1, B2, F2 and J1 visas apply for F1 student status. Please email us to make an appointment. To change your visa status you must submit:

1. An online application from
2. A copy of your passport photograph page.
3. A copy of your current visa and entry stamp to the USA.
4. A copy of your bank statements. You can also use a sponsor. Many students use their parents.
5. A copy of your high school or university degree. This can be an original, copy or photograph. It does NOT have to be in English.
6. $250 application fee. You can pay this online or in person.
7. A signed copy of our Change of Status agreement (available at our office).
8. Your I-539 application to the US Government and supporting documents. We will help you with this process!

Questions? Contact us at